|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|2695852||1403907||2016||3 صفحه PDF||ندارد||دانلود رایگان|
• Use of contact lenses for longer than their intended use significantly increases the risk of complications, including microbial keratitis.
• When recommending contact lenses, patients should be educated as to the significant risks of sleeping in lenses not licensed for this.
• Purchasing contact lenses from unregulated sources – such as the internet – may be a risk factor in its own right for developing microbial keratitis.
• Optometrists play a valuable educational role when prescribing contact lenses which is bypassed when purchasing lenses from unregulated sources.
• There is potential for poorer lens hygiene and delayed presentation without the support of optometrists when lenses are purchased online.
Journal: Contact Lens and Anterior Eye - Volume 39, Issue 4, August 2016, Pages 318–320