|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|4760242||1421970||2017||3 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
- The endocranial illuminator is a new tool for inspecting the interior intact cranium.
- For use in forensics, bioarchaeology, evolutionary anatomy and population studies.
- It allows transillumination of vault thickenings, deficiencies, and variants.
- Superior to backlighting to illustrate lesions e.g. blunt force trauma and gunshot.
- It is cheap, easy to construct and use, and portable.
A novel tool, the endocranial illuminator (EI), has been devised to facilitate examination of the interior of the intact human cranium. A number of the endocranial characteristics including cranial thickness, sutural complexities, and foramina are easy visible with this device. The EI enhances the accuracy of anatomical examination of the cranial vault in forensic, archaeological, and historical crania in those cases where they must remain intact. The EI is simple and inexpensive to construct and lightweight so it can be used in the laboratory or easily transported in the field.
Journal: Forensic Science International - Volume 280, November 2017, Pages 153-155