|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|4941487||1363830||2018||9 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
- Early childhood teacher views on parenting in China.
- Parenting and the role of parents in children's education.
- Teacher discourse is located within the context of 'glocalization'.
- Parent modelling and parent learning are important for children's education.
- Early childhood teacher-parent partnerships in China are changing.
Discursive insights into early childhood teacher views of parenting in a Chinese context is the focus of this paper. A critical discourse analysis was conducted on teachers' professional accounts captured on an online discussion forum uncovering how parenting and the role of parents in children's education were represented. Emphasized in the analysis is the importance of situating teacher discourse within the context of 'glocalization', acknowledging the influence of Confucian ideology on their professional stance, and recognizing the position of Western approaches in early childhood education. The findings reveal a tenuous place for teacher-parent partnerships in teachers' dialogic space and practice.
Journal: Teaching and Teacher Education - Volume 69, January 2018, Pages 95-103