|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|4993765||1458024||2018||6 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
- Straight rectangular fins have lower temperatures than the growing exponential fins.
- The temperature is much reduced by increasing values of Biot number.
- The highest fin efficiency occurs for growing type of exponential profiles.
- Fin efficiency is favoured by the presence of heat absorption.
- The practical need may require the use of growing shaped fin profiles.
The heat transfer through exponential fins in movement and under the influence of heat generation (absorption) is the fundamental subject of the present paper. Obtaining exact formulas for the thermal features like the distribution of temperature as well as the efficiency of exponential fins is the main target. As a consequence of the current research, combined effects of the Peclet number due to the fin movement, and of the heat generation parameter due to the presence of a heat source on the efficiency of exponential fins versus rectangular fins can be analyzed and compared. Better fin efficiency anticipated for growing type of exponential fins provides practical advantages for the designing engineers. Moreover, simulation of more complex phenomena using modern numerical schemes can be tested by the presented closed-form formulae.
Journal: International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer - Volume 116, January 2018, Pages 346-351