|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|5500880||1400104||2017||4 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
- Elder abuse is a health and human rights problem occurred in every race and ethnic group all around the world.
- It is also determined that aggressors of all cases are relatives of elders and 45.1% of the time (nÂ =Â 114) it is the victim's son.
- In studies related to Elder abuse, it is stated that elder women are exposed to violence more compared to elder men.
- Especially emergency physicians, family physicians and/or paramedics providing home care services play a great role in the detection of Elder abuse.
- When the fact that aggressors are mostly relatives is considered, it is obviously difficult to detect the abuse.
AimElder abuse is a health and human rights problem that may occur among every race and ethnic group all around the world. This study aims at describing all cases of physical abuse of elderly which have been reported to, and investigated by Eskisehir - a western city of Turkey.MethodsPhysical abuse incidents above 65 years of age which were evaluated by the Eskisehir Council of Forensic Medicine for expert witness opinion during 5Â year period between 01.01.2010 and 12.31.2014 are examined in this descriptive, cross-sectional study.Results253 cases are found and evaluated in the scope of the study. It is determined that all aggressors are the acquaintance of the victim, and for 114 cases (45.1%) the aggressor is the victim's son. It is found that only investigation procedures of cases are completed, but no protection and rehabilitation program has been issued.ConclusionIn conclusion, it is determined that elder victims are abused by family members and relatives who are mostly the care givers. It is seen that emergency physicians play a great role in the detection of abuse.
Journal: Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics - Volume 73, November 2017, Pages 284-287