|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|94433||160295||2016||7 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
• The stories of thirty-five mafia women are explored through crime-resistance nexus.
• The importance of performance in mafia family is highlighted.
• Functional, theatrical and cultural performances are introduced.
• Performance is a more determinative factor than masculinity.
• Both men and women embrace similar behaviors in a mafia family.
Narrating the stories of Italian mafia women and classifying their performance, this study shows that mafiosi masculinity creates a violent social atmosphere for women. The performance practised by women may give rise to a higher social status or credibility for the women or may make them vulnerable against violence and risks posed by mafia activity. Women's performances against violent mafia activity can bring definitive failure to the solid structure of the mafia family. Yet, conversely, the performance of women under the influence of mafiosi masculinity can also render the mafia more resilient against threat.
Journal: Aggression and Violent Behavior - Volume 29, July–August 2016, Pages 36–42