|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|37803||45634||2015||6 صفحه PDF||ندارد||دانلود رایگان|
• Rapid expansion of 3D-printing materials for consumers producing 3-D printed articles.
• Open-source algorithm proposed for identifying prior art concerning 3-D printing materials.
• Proposed algorithm narrows the search for 3-D printable materials with specific properties.
• Prior art identified by proposed algorithm can invalidate innovation-restricting patents.
• Potential ramifications on innovation and patent law in the 3-D printing discussed.
With the development and commercialization of the recyclebot (plastic extruders that fabricate 3-D printing filament from recycled or virgin materials) and various syringe pump designs for self-replicating rapid prototypers (RepRaps), the material selection available for consumers who produce products using 3-D printers is expanding rapidly. This paper provides an open-source algorithm for identifying prior art for 3-D printing materials. Specifically this paper provides a new approach for determining obviousness in this technology area. The potential ramifications on both innovation and patent law in the 3-D printing technological space are discussed.
Journal: World Patent Information - Volume 42, September 2015, Pages 13–18