|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|38697||45788||2016||5 صفحه PDF||ندارد||دانلود کنید|
• Oscillatory CH4 oxidation on Pd/Al2O3 was studied by in situ TG and MS.
• Relationship between catalytic activity of Pd and its oxidation state was established.
• Pure metallic Pd showed the highest activity.
• Metallic Pd blocked with adsorbed oxygen had minimal catalytic activity.
• Catalytic activity then increased gradually as Pd oxidized into PdO0.3.
Oscillations of the rate of methane oxidation under methane-rich conditions over Pd/Al2O3 were studied by in situ thermogravimetry and mass-spectrometry. Structural transformations of Pd in the oscillation cycle went through fast reduction of Pd oxide, metal carbonization, removal of deposited carbon as CO2 and gradual oxidation of metallic Pd. Simultaneous measurement of the weight changes and CO2 production during oscillations helped to elucidate a relationship between catalytic activity of Pd and its oxidation state. Metallic Pd showed the highest activity which dropped sharply as metal surface became oxidized and then increased gradually as Pd oxidized further into PdO0.3.
Graphical abstractFigure optionsDownload full-size imageDownload high-quality image (105 K)Download as PowerPoint slide
Journal: Applied Catalysis A: General - Volume 522, 25 July 2016, Pages 40–44