|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|5767320||1628380||2018||5 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
- The presence of patulin in fruits and products was investigated.
- About 57.4% of fruits & products samples were positive for patulin.
- About 33.8% of samples presented higher levels than the maximum permitted levels.
- The highest mean level was found in red globe grapes.
- The hazard quotient (HQ) value of patulin in fruits was 1.22%.
The current study is focused to investigate the natural presence of Patulin (PAT) in various fruits, juices and smoothies marketed and consumed in Pakistan. A total of 237 samples of fruits, juices and smoothies were analysed using isocratic HPLC with UV detector. The results have shown that 136 out of 237 (57.4%) samples have found positive with PAT contamination with levels ranged from 0.04 to 1100Â Î¼gÂ kgâ1. The highest mean level of PAT was found in red globe grapes i.e. 921.1Â Â±Â 22.4Â Î¼gÂ kgâ1. About 33.8% samples have levels of PAT with concentration above the permissible regulations of European Union (EU) i.e. 50Â Î¼gÂ kgâ1. The dietary intake of PAT from fruits, juices and smoothies were 0.0049, 0.0016 and 0.0014Â Î¼gÂ kgâ1 bw dayâ1 with hazard quotient (HQ) value of 1.22, 0.40 and 0.35%, respectively. The incidence and occurrence of PAT in fruits and fruits products have high and need urgent attention for comprehensive survey. The results of present study would be useful for farmers, traders, and consumers.
Journal: Food Control - Volume 84, February 2018, Pages 370-374