|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|372657||622134||2014||7 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• A new methodology is proposed to estimate completion rate.
• The proposed method is not based on a cohort of students.
• The indicator allows an estimation without substantial delay.
• The new estimator is independent of study duration.
• A statistical framework is presented in which completion rates can be studied.
A completion rate of an institution I of year x is defined as the proportion of starting students during year x that succeed in graduating at I at some point in the future. In this paper, a new method is proposed to estimate such completion rate. This indicator is entirely based on the population of drop-out students during one academic year x at the institution I. The proposed method is not based on a cohort of students so it allows an estimation of the current school effectiveness without substantial delay. Furthermore a statistical framework is presented in which completion rates can be studied. The proposed methodology results in a statistical estimator with a bias that stays small under appropriate assumptions.
Journal: Studies in Educational Evaluation - Volume 40, March 2014, Pages 43–49