|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|178466||459275||2016||8 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
این مقاله ISI می تواند منبع ارزشمندی برای تولید محتوا باشد.
- تولید محتوا برای سایت و وبلاگ
- تولید محتوا برای کتاب
- تولید محتوا برای نشریات و روزنامه ها
پایگاه «دانشیاری» آمادگی دارد با همکاری مجموعه «شهر محتوا» با استفاده از این مقاله علمی، برای شما به زبان فارسی، تولید محتوا نماید.
• Co-teaching with R&D professionals was integrated into Engineering Biotechnology course.
• The applicability & usefulness of the co-teaching approach was examined.
• Bringing R&D professionals into the class positively impacted on students’ learning.
• The students’ level of confidence was improved after participating in the IL workshop.
• Managing the lecture and dividing the tasks along the lines of expertise were found to be crucial.
This study examined the usefulness of co-teaching with research and development (R&D) professionals to integrate real world research experience into an Engineering Biotechnology course. This research suggests that the need to expose students to post-graduate engineering careers and to prepare them to enter real world engineering is crucial. Two sessions were team-taught by the course lecturer in collaboration with two R&D professionals from local industries. The course lecturer covered the theoretical parts, whereas practicing R&D engineers exposed students to current R&D works. Quantitative and qualitative data on the usefulness of the co-teaching sessions were collected from students and R&D professionals’ surveys, a student interview and peer observation feedback. It was found that bringing R&D professionals into the Engineering Biotechnology class positively impacted on students’ learning. A comparison was also made between the two co-teaching sessions. The evidence showed that managing the lecture and deliverables, and dividing the tasks along the lines of expertise is the key to providing a successful co-teaching session.
Figure optionsDownload high-quality image (86 K)Download as PowerPoint slide
Journal: Education for Chemical Engineers - Volume 16, July 2016, Pages 9–16