|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|5127614||1489055||2017||17 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
- The resource renting problem is extended by including overtime in the problem formulation.
- This extension improves the realism of the traditional resource renting problem.
- A novel solution technique based on the scatter search heuristic is proposed.
- This solution technique includes problem-specific schedule generation schemes.
- The results are validated using a novel lower bound for the problem.
In this paper the Resource Renting Problem with Overtime (RRP/overtime) is presented. The RRP/overtime is a new problem in which the assumptions of the basic RRP are combined with the possibility to schedule (parts of) activities during overtime. The addition of this extension increases the applicability of the RRP to real world problems. This paper also presents a solution technique for this extension of the resource renting problem. The solution procedure uses a scatter search heuristic to optimize a priority list, which is then in turn used by a schedule generation scheme (PatSGS). A variation on this schedule generation scheme is also used in dedicated local search procedures. The third contribution of this research is a new lower bound for the RRP/overtime problem, which is used to evaluate the results of the proposed heuristic solution method.
Journal: Computers & Industrial Engineering - Volume 111, September 2017, Pages 303-319