|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|83980||158856||2016||5 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود کنید|
• Food insecurity in the Caribbean linked to limited availability of arable land.
• AgriMaps is a mobile application developed to support decision making in agriculture.
• The app provides a greater range of geospatial information for Trinidad and Tobago.
• It is an evidence-based approach for crop and land management recommendations.
• The app will improve land use decisions and sustainable agricultural management.
Population pressures have led to crop cultivation taking place on steep slopes and other marginal lands in the small island developing states of the Caribbean. This threatens regional food security and can result in environmental degradation if site-specific land management practices are not adopted. AgriMaps is a mobile application developed to support decision making in the agricultural sector of Trinidad and Tobago. This application uses an evidence-based approach to making crop and mitigative land management recommendations. The app is a platform for spatial data visualization and provides a greater range of geo-spatial information than is currently available to stakeholders in the farming community. It is envisioned that this application will improve land use planning decisions and the adoption of sustainable agricultural management techniques. We provide the theoretical and technical frameworks needed to develop similar ICT tools in other territories.
Journal: Computers and Electronics in Agriculture - Volume 123, April 2016, Pages 292–296