|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|138652||162469||2016||9 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• We explicated the concept of online political activism (OPA).
• We developed a short, 4-item OPA index that is valid and reliable.
• We conducted a national survey of Internet users using random digit dialing.
• Those with greater OPA are older, wealthier, and more liberal.
• Those with greater OPA have high Internet self-efficacy and use search engines frequently.
This study explicates online political activism (OPA); provides a short, reliable, and valid index for measuring OPA; and examines correlates that predict such active publics. A national probability sample of adult American Internet users was surveyed using random digit dialing. The study found OPA is more frequent among older, wealthier, and more liberal respondents. OPA increases with Internet self-efficacy and search engine usage.
Figure optionsDownload as PowerPoint slide
Journal: Public Relations Review - Volume 42, Issue 1, March 2016, Pages 82–90