|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|364642||621079||2015||6 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
این مقاله ISI می تواند منبع ارزشمندی برای تولید محتوا باشد.
- تولید محتوا برای سایت و وبلاگ
- تولید محتوا برای کتاب
- تولید محتوا برای نشریات و روزنامه ها
پایگاه «دانشیاری» آمادگی دارد با همکاری مجموعه «شهر محتوا» با استفاده از این مقاله علمی، برای شما به زبان فارسی، تولید محتوا نماید.
• We explored college students' use of social media in and out of class.
• Use of social media occurs habitually in and out of the classroom.
• Use of social media decreases motivation and hinders academic performance.
• Lack of situational and topic interest increases social media use.
• Overall, students had a negative perception of their experiences with social media.
The widespread use of social media and its potential to hinder academic performance has received the attention of researchers and is a growing concern of educators. This phenomenological study explored the perceived impact of social media on the educational experiences of university students in the United States, both in and out of the classroom. Analysis of semi-structured interviews revealed several pervasive themes, all of which can be viewed as barriers to academic success. Participants reported that using social media during academic activities diminishes achievement, increases the amount of time it takes to complete tasks, and reduces how much information students retain from study and lecture sessions. Additionally, participants indicated how a lack of situational and topic interest increases social media's temptation. We argue that educators and students would benefit from a more complete understanding of social media's role as a barrier to academic success. Implications for educators are discussed.
Journal: Learning and Individual Differences - Volume 44, December 2015, Pages 40–45