|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|103477||161382||2015||5 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• Suicides at the wheel are a common and well known problem in forensic medicine.
• However, strangulation suicides at the wheel are comparatively rare.
• Three cases of strangulation suicide at the wheel will be presented.
• Strangulation suicides at the wheel may be misinterpreted as homicides.
• To our knowledge, this is the first case report on a suicidal ligature strangulation.
In cases of suicide at the wheel mostly velocity is used to cause death by a single occupant vehicle crash against a fixed roadside object or collision with other vehicles. A further well known mode of death is e.g. carbon monoxide poisoning. In the recent years several cases of vehicle assisted ligature strangulation resulting even in decapitation have been reported. However, cars are also used in rare cases just as places for a suicide by hanging or ligature strangulation. Not only forensic pathologists but also police officers have to be aware of this rare type of suicide to avoid unnecessary investigations.
Rope behind the headrest and metal stick within the knot.Figure optionsDownload high-quality image (94 K)Download as PowerPoint slide
Journal: Legal Medicine - Volume 17, Issue 6, November 2015, Pages 512–516