|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|91638||159824||2016||4 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• Wood market balances are tools for carbon balancing.
• Creation of a wood carbon balance
• Calculating the climate change mitigation effect of wood use
• The German wood use C-effect (2010): approx. 90 Mio. t CO2
• Overall C-effect of the German forest-based sector (2010): approx. 140 Mio. t CO2
A wood balance provides information on timber markets at a highly aggregated level. The wood market balance that reflects wood use at the place of consumption can serve as a tool for creating a wood carbon balance. The article shows how a wood market balance can be applied to determine the climate change mitigation effect of wood use. Together with inventory data on forest development, a wood market balance can be used to determine the forest-based sector's contribution to climate change mitigation at various levels (national or regional). The methods and results are shown for Germany and the year 2010.
Journal: Forest Policy and Economics - Volume 66, May 2016, Pages 18–21