|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|103490||161383||2015||8 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• Comparison between 12 regression models for age estimation.
• This is the first study on age estimation based on bone length using X-ray images.
• S-curve is the best regression model for age estimation using single bone method.
• Multiple linear regression (MLR) is more applicable for age estimation.
• MSE value produced by MLR is good for estimation of age on male.
Age estimation was used in forensic anthropology to help in the identification of individual remains and living person. However, the estimation methods tend to be unique and applicable only to a certain population. This paper analyzed age estimation using twelve regression models carried out on X-ray images of the left hand taken from an Asian data set for subjects under the age of 19. All the nineteen bones of the left hand were measured using free image software and the statistical analysis were performed using SPSS. There are two methods to determine age in this study which are single bone method and all bones method. For single bone method, S-curve regression model was found to have the highest R-square value using second metacarpal for males, and third proximal phalanx for females. For age estimation using single bone, fifth metacarpal from males and fifth proximal phalanx from females can be used due to the lowest mean square error (MSE) value. To conclude, multiple linear regressions is the best techniques for age estimation in cases where all bones are available, but if not, S-curve regression can be used using single bone method.
Journal: Legal Medicine - Volume 17, Issue 2, March 2015, Pages 71–78