کد مقاله کد نشریه سال انتشار مقاله انگلیسی ترجمه فارسی نسخه تمام متن
2661761 1140444 2015 6 صفحه PDF سفارش دهید دانلود کنید
عنوان انگلیسی مقاله ISI
An Evaluation of the Identification and Management of Overweight and Obesity in a Pediatric Clinic
ترجمه فارسی عنوان
ارزیابی شناسایی و مدیریت اضافه وزن و چاقی در یک کلینیک اطفال
کلمات کلیدی
موضوعات مرتبط
علوم پزشکی و سلامت پزشکی و دندانپزشکی پریناتولوژی (پزشکی مادر و جنین)، طب اطفال و بهداشت کودک
چکیده انگلیسی

With the rise in overweight and obesity in children, it is imperative for health care providers to routinely address appropriate body mass index for children during primary care visits. The purposes of this project were to determine if overweight and obese children are accurately being identified and to evaluate provider adherence to American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines for the management of obesity. A retrospective chart review was completed for all children ages 2, 6, and 10 years who presented for a well-child visit from January 1, 2011, through June 30, 2011. Based on a review of 255 charts, 21.6% of patients were overweight and 18.4% were obese according to standards of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Of these children, 34% were properly documented as being either overweight or obese, and documentation was lacking for the remaining 66%. Of the children correctly identified as being overweight or obese, only 11% and 26%, respectively, were counseled on therapeutic lifestyle changes, including diet and exercise. This review provides evidence that providers have opportunities to intervene early with well-child examinations and that providers have great room for improvement on counseling overweight and obese children.

ناشر
Database: Elsevier - ScienceDirect (ساینس دایرکت)
Journal: Journal of Pediatric Health Care - Volume 29, Issue 5, September–October 2015, Pages e9–e14
نویسندگان
,