|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|5477422||1521562||2017||7 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
- A novel method was developed for controlling C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) in thoron chambers.
- A theoretical model was derived for calculating C(212Bi)/C(212Pb).
- The coefficient of variation for C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) stability was less than 7%.
- Effects of main factors on C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) were explored.
- Various C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) were easily controlled.
It is necessary to establish a reference atmosphere in a thoron chamber containing various ratios of 212Bi to 212Pb activity concentrations (C(212Bi)/C(212Pb)) to simulate typical environmental conditions (e.g., indoor or underground atmospheres). In this study, a novel method was developed for establishing and controlling C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) in a thoron chamber system based on an aging chamber and air recirculation loops which alter the ventilation rate. The effects of main factors on the C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) were explored, and a steady-state theoretical model was derived to calculate the ratio. The results show that the C(212Bi)/C(212Pb) inside the chamber is mainly dependent on ventilation rate. Ratios ranging from 0.33 to 0.83 are available under various ventilation. The stability coefficient of the ratios is better than 7%. The experimental results are close to the theoretical calculated results, which indicates that the model can serve as a guideline for the quantitative control of C(212Bi)/C(212Pb).
Journal: Journal of Environmental Radioactivity - Volumes 178â179, November 2017, Pages 77-83