|کد مقاله||کد نشریه||سال انتشار||مقاله انگلیسی||ترجمه فارسی||نسخه تمام متن|
|373939||622456||2015||21 صفحه PDF||سفارش دهید||دانلود رایگان|
• We examine changes in teaching quality during the first three years of teaching.
• We explore personal and contextual factors affecting perceived changes in teaching quality.
• Teaching quality increases during the first three years of teaching.
• Changes in teaching quality differ between beginning teachers.
• Certification, gender, and induction programs explain changes in perceived teaching quality.
This study examines the development of beginning teachers' teaching quality during the first three years of teaching. Schools were randomly assigned to an experimental condition, to develop support programs (induction) for beginning teachers. Induction focused on personal coaching and the enhancement teacher autonomy and connectedness. Analyses were based on a total sample of 276 beginning teachers and 4932 students from 63 schools over the course of three years. Students perceived more rapid teaching quality increases over time in the experimental condition compared to the control condition. Certification status, gender, and induction programs explain differences (and changes) in perceived teaching quality.
Journal: Teaching and Teacher Education - Volume 51, October 2015, Pages 225–245